Neuromodulation, plasticity, and regeneration of spinal cord functional systems.
Current research projects in the lab focus on:
1. Non-classical control of body sensations including pain.
2. Neural encoding of limb movement.
3. Neuromodulatory control and interactions between spinal locomotor and autonomic circuits.
4. Plasticity of spinal cord function after injury: Autonomic dysreflexia.
5. Development of an animal model of the relaxation response.
6. Deciphering neural circuit dysfunction in Restless Legs Syndrome.