As a leader in biomedical engineering, we are preparing our students to be the next generation of research leaders. We offer many opportunities for companies large and small to engage and become familiar with our student and alumni talent.
We’re live on social media! Check out some of our recent successes and follow our accounts for updates.
How to engage with our
Biomedical Engineering Students
Bachelor of Science Program
Graduates of the Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering follow career paths as diverse as regulatory agencies like the FDA, medicine, dentistry, public health, hospital administration, healthcare IT, healthcare consulting, medical field engineers, device design, patent law, technology start-ups, entrepreneurship, designing shoes for Nike, and public service through Teach for America.
BME Students Skills
- Comfort with complexity and incomplete information
- Communication and team work
- Research and analytical skills
- Design & entrepreneurial skills and spirit
BME Depth & Breadth Electives
- Depth/Technical Electives (12 Hours)
- Breadth Electives (15 Hours)
BME Undergraduate Curriculum
- 131 hours total
- 78 hours of required engineering and science courses
- 26 hours of general education courses
- 12 hours of depth electives
- 15 hours of breadth electives
BME Specific Engineering & Science Courses
- Engineering / BME Application / Physiology / Labs
Sponsor a Capstone Design team
mentor a small team of students and solve a real clinical need.
The role of an adviser is to:
- Help students fully understand a healthcare issue
- Participate in weekly communication
- Provide design feedback and contribute to ideation
- Assist with obtaining clinical access
- Submit a project proposal