Registration for courses happens twice a year, Phase I before the semester begins, Phase II at the beginning of the semester.
Georgia Tech Basics
- Registration for courses happens twice a year, Phase I before the semester begins, Phase II at the beginning of the semester.
- Students will receive their time tickets to register the day before registration begins.
- We can only give overloads and permits for BME courses. We have no information on how other departments do their business. Use this chart to find out who to contact in other departments for information, overloads, and permits: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php
- The Office of the Registrar offers a lot of registration assistance online:
- Common registration: error messages: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/error.php
- Registration instructions: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/reginfo.php
- For many BME courses, the waitlist will be utilized. The waitlist will be a first come first serve basis. Advisors reserve the right to move students up on the list if there are problem situations. Here are the instructions for using the waitlist: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/waitlisting.php. To see your spot on the waitlist for a class, view the "Student Detail Schedule" on OSCAR.
- BME students can take up to nine hours of courses pass/fail by the time they graduate, but only humanity/social science courses, no BME or core courses, or certain breadth elective courses. NOTE: You cannot take courses you are using for Minors or Certificates pass/fail, they must all be taken for a letter grade. All others must be taken for grade. However, note that not all humanity/social science courses are offered pass/fall. If you take a class pass/fail, make sure you know what the professor has in mind for what kind of grade will achieve a grade of "pass". You also have the option of changing eligible courses from pass/fail to letter grade and vice versa by the first drop date later in the semester. You would need to submit a Grade Mode Change form: http://catalog.gatech.edu/rules/10/
- An average grade of C (as computed using most recent grade for repeated courses) is required for the following sets of course: MATH* 1551/1552/1553/2551/2552, and all required BMED core courses (2250, 2210, 2310, 3100, 3110, 3310, 3400, 3520, 3600, 3610, and 4602). AP or transfer credit for MATH courses would be considered as a “B” for the purposes of computation of the average grade.
- Yes, you can take CHEM 4511 instead of CHEM 3511 for the pre-health Biochemistry requirement. No, you can't take ECE 3710 and 3741 concurrently, 3710 is a prerequisite for 3741.