IMMEDIATE OPENING - 2 positions
Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University (Georgia Tech, Atlanta Campus) is seeking an outstanding candidate to fill the position of Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Engineer I in the Cardiovascular Fluid Mechanics Laboratory.
1. Conduct a variety of team-oriented and independent investigations in the planning, development, and implementation of original experimental procedures within the overall scope of the research project.
2. Collect, analyze and report on experimental data; create and maintain accurate and timely records of test results and protocol design; publish research findings in conference proceedings and high-impact research journals.
3. Exercise independent responsibility for project outcomes, and design research for others to conduct
4. Actively participate in soliciting funds through various federally funded research grant mechanisms (NIH, NSF etc.), and translational research funds.
5. Participate in industry projects.
6. Work on innovation oriented technological projects with potential for commercialization.
7. Mentor graduate students, undergraduate students, and technicians.
- Ph.D. for Postdoctoral position and M.S./Ph.D. for Research Engineer I in Mechanical, Aerospace or Biomedical Engineering, or related area
- Demonstrated experience in experimental techniques and fluid mechanics
- Demonstrated experience with Particle Image Velocimetry, CAD software (Solidworks), instrumentation, machining/fabrication, or related design skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Image processing
- Cardiovascular Physiology and/or medical devices