Highlights of the second annual CMaT ERC retreat held at the University of Georgia in Athens:
- 2nd annual retreat at the University of Georgia was a success
- 182 total participants (77 trainees, 40 faculty & 16 industry)
- 67 research posters
- 12 perfect pitch contestants
- 11 multi-institutional research project presentations
- 4 focus groups
- 3 advisory board meetings
- Cell manufacturing roadmap updated and the 2019 version is now available - download your copy
- CMaT held a workshop on the role of standards in cell and tissue manufacturing on Oct. 2 in Atlanta, Georgia. This was followed by CMaT hosting the ASTM Committee E55 Meeting on Oct. 3-4.
- Three CMaT graduate students participated in our international research experience program and conducted research with our international partners - Nicole Piscopo in Canada, Emily Pendleton in Ireland, and Brian Liu in Japan.
- The ERC Biennial meeting and Perfect Pitch competition was held in Washington D.C. on Oct. 25. Our CMaT trainee and graduate student from University of Wisconsin, Nhi Le, gave an excellent presentation.
- CMaT's Student Leadership Council (SLC) has formed a committee to increase engagement with the multicultural community within and impacted by CMaT. The SLC is also working on an e-newsletter specific for CMaT trainees.
- New seed projects will be initiated in spring 2020 addressing manufacturing challenges raised by CMaT industry partners.
The newsletter includes updates about CMaT research, workforce development, paid undergraduate research opportunities, diversity efforts, innovation, and cell therapy jobs.