What is the Coulter Translational Partnership (CTP):
Our program funds and supports biomedical technologies that improve healthcare by addressing currently unmet clinical needs and will lead to commercial products.
Annual Program Funds for Distribution:
• $1.2 million a year for all projects
• $300,000 worth of in-kind resources (marketing, regulatory, and reimbursement)
• 2 Principal Investigators – one technical expert and one clinical expert
• At least one PI must be an Emory or Georgia Tech faculty member
1. Meet with CTP team to discuss project potential (a meeting must be scheduled before January 2, 2019 to receive Pre-Proposal).
2. Pre-Proposal Application (Due January 4, 2019)
3. Full Proposal Application (May - By invitation only)
4. Funds dispersed (July)
Please email CoulterFund@gatech.edu with any questions regarding the application process.
Post-Funding Project Management
The goal of the Partnership is to position promising biomedical technologies for licensing to commercial partners who will improve patient care and address underserved healthcare needs. This commercial licensee could be a well-established company or a start-up with a strong ability to raise funds.
This is accomplished by de-risking proposed projects, bringing in experts to help inform regulatory strategy, working closely with intellectual property counsel, identifying and engaging early with partners that possess product development capabilities, and carrying out specific, determinative experiments in a disciplined, managed process. This approach is based on similar approaches used widely in industry.
Funded teams are expected to report quarterly on progress toward technical and business milestones. Additionally, bi-weekly working meetings and cooperation with technology transfer and marketing-related activities are required. Funded teams are expected to be active participants in this partnership.