Areas of Research
Pattern generation, synchronization, and homeostasis in small neuronal networks. Computational neuroscience.
- Ph.D., Munich Technical University, 2000
- M.S., University of Ulm, 1996
- B.S., University of Ulm, 1991
- 2005 ? 2009, Career Award at the Scientific Interface, Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- 2005, Peter Gruber International Research Award in Neuroscience
- 2005, Travel Fellowship for the Winter Conference on Brain Research, Breckenridge, Colorado
- 2001 ? 2004, Postdoctoral Fellowship, Sloan-Swartz Center for Theoretical Neurobiology at Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
- 2000 ? 2001, Research Scholarship, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation)
- 2000, Research Scholarship, Max-Planck-Society, Germany
- 1993 ? 1994, Scholarship for graduate studies at the University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation, Germany
- 1989 ? 1996, Scholarship, Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation, Germany
Selected Research Publications
- Bucher D, Prinz AA, Marder E. Animal-to-animal variability in motor pattern production in adults and during growth. J Neurosci, 25:1611-1619, 2005.
- Prinz AA, Bucher D, Marder E. Similar network activity from disparate circuit parameters. Nature Neurosci, 7:1345-1352, 2004.
- Oprisan SA, Prinz AA, Canavier CC. Phase resetting and phase locking in hybrid circuits of one model and one biological neuron. Biophys J, 87:2283-2298, 2004.
- Prinz AA, Billimoria CP, Marder E. Alternative to hand-tuning conductance-based models: construction and analysis of databases of model neurons. J Neurophysiol, 90:3998-4015, 2003.
- Prinz AA, Thirumalai V, Marder E. The functional consequences of changes in the strength and duration of synaptic inputs to oscillatory neurons. J Neurosci, 23:943-954, 2003.
- Prinz AA, Fromherz P. Effect of neuritic cables on conductance estimates for remote electrical synapses. J Neurophysiol, 89:2215-2224, 2003.
- Kupper J, Prinz AA, Fromherz P. Recombinant Kv1.3 potassium channels stabilize tonic firing of cultured rat hippocampal neurons. Eur J Physiol, 443: 541-547, 2002.