Areas of Research
Bayesian Modeling and Decision Theory, Clinical Trials, Health Statistics, Wavelets and Multiscale Modeling, High Frequency Data Modeling, Analysis of Biomedical Signals and Images,
Statistical Learning and Data Mining, Statistics of Turbulent Flows
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 1992
- M.S., University of Belgrade, 1981
- B.S., University of Belgrade, 1978
- Fellow of American Statistical Association
- Elected Member of International Statistical Institute
- An Associate Editor for Journal of American Statistical Association, Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Communications in Statistics, and Bayesian Statistics
- 2005-2007, President of Georgia Chapter of American Statistical Association
- 1992, I. W. Burr Award for Excellence in Teaching, Research and Consulting at Purdue University
Selected Research Publications
- Jung YY, Park Y, Jones D, Ziegler T, Vidakovic B. “Self-similarity in NMR Spectra: An Application in Assessing the Level of Cysteine,” to appear in, Journal of Data Science, 2008.
- Griffin S, Oong E, Kohn W, Vidakovic B, Gooch B, Bader J, Clarkson J, Fontana M, Meyer D, Rozier G, Weintraub J, Zero D. “The Effectiveness of Sealants in Managing Carious Lesions,” Journal of Dental Research, 87, 169-174, 2007.
- Vidakovic B, Ruggeri F. “BAMS Method: Theory and Simulations,” Sankhya, Series B, 63, (Special Issue on Wavelets), 234-249, 2001.
- Pensky M, Vidakovic B. “Adaptive wavelet estimator for nonparametric density deconvolution,” Annals of Statistics, 27, 2033-2053, 2000.
- Mueller P, Vidakovic B (Editors). “Bayesian Inference in Wavelet Based Models,” Lecture Notes in Statistics, 141, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1999.
- Vidakovic B. “Nonlinear wavelet shrinkage with Bayes rules and Bayes factors,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, 93, 173-179, 1988.