Areas of Research
Engineering interfaces between orthopaedic tissues, Tendon and ligament tissue engineering, Development of novel polymeric biomaterials
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Bioengineering, Rice University, 2003-2005
- Ph.D., Rice University, 2003
- B.S., Case Western Reserve University, 1998
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University, 1998
- 2008, National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- 2006, Arthritis Foundation Investigator Award
- 2004-2005, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston's Comprehensive Research Training Program in Craniofacial and Oral Biology Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship, U. Texas/Rice University
- 2005, R. Budd Award, Best Thesis in the School of Engineering, Rice University
- 1998-2003, Whitaker Foundation Graduate Fellowship
Selected Research Publications
A.G. Mikos and J.S. Temenoff, Biomaterials: The Intersection of Biology and Materials Science, published January, 2008, by Pearson-Prentice Hall
- D.M. Doroski, K.S. Brink, J.S. Temenoff, Techniques for Biological Characterization of Tissue-Engineered Tendon and Ligament. Biomaterials, 28, 187-202, 2007.
- J.S. Temenoff, H. Park, T.A. Holland, Y. Tabata, A.G. Mikos, Delivery of TGF-b1 and Chondrocytes via Injectable, Biodegradable Hydrogels for Cartilage Tissue Engineering Applications. Biomaterials, 26, 7095-7103, 2005.
- J.S. Temenoff, H. Park, E. Jabbari, T.L. Sheffield, R.G. LeBaron, C.G. Ambrose, A.G. Mikos, In-Vitro Osteogenic Differentiation of Marrow Stromal Cells Encapsulated in Biodegradable Hydrogels. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 70A, 235-244, 2004.
- J.S. Temenoff, K.A. Athanasiou, R.G. LeBaron, A.G. Mikos, Effect of Poly(Ethylene Glycol) Molecular Weight on Tensile and Swelling Properties of Oligo(Poly(Ethylene Glycol) Fumarate) Hydrogels for Cartilage Tissue Engineering. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, 59, 429-437, 2002.
- J.S. Temenoff, A.G. Mikos, Review: Tissue Engineering for Regeneration of Articular Cartilage. Biomaterials, 21, 431-440, 2000.