Areas of Research
Vascular biology, Cardiovascular tissue engineering, Gene expression of vascular cells,
Comparative effects of mechanical forces accompanying blood flow and pressure on the blood vessel wall, DNA Microarrays
- Ph.D., Zoology, University of Texas at Austin, 1969
- M.A., Biology, Rice University, 1964
- B.A., Biology, Rice University, 1962
Selected Research Publications
- Hurley NE, Schildmeyer LA, Bosworth KA, Sakurai Y, Eskin SG, Hurley LH, McIntire LV. Modulating the Functional Contributions of c-Myc to the Human Endothelial Cell Cyclic Strain Response J Vasc Res 2010;47:80-90 (DOI: 10.1159/000235928)
- Conway DE, Sakurai Y, Weiss D, Vega JD, Taylor WR, Jo H, Eskin SG, Marcus CB, McIntire LV. Expression of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 in human endothelial cells: Regulation by fluid shear stress. Cardiovasc Res 2009;81:669-677.
- Williams MR, Kataoka N, Sakurai Y, Powers CM, Eskin SG, McIntire LV. Gene expression of endothelial cells due to interleukin-1 beta stimulation and neutrophil transmigration. Endothelium 2008;15:73-165.
- Yee A, Bosworth KA, Conway DE, Eskin SG, McIntire LV. Gene expression of endothelial cells under pulsatile non-reversing vs. steady shear stress; comparison of nitric oxide production. Ann Biomed Eng 2008;36:571-579.
- Sung HJ, Yee A, Eskin SG, McIntire LV. Cyclic strain and motion control produce opposite oxidative responses in two human endothelial cell types. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 2007;293:C87-94.
- Eskin, S.G., N.A. Turner, and L.V. McIntire, Endothelial Cell Cytochrome P450 1A1 and 1B1: Up-Regulation by Shear Stress. Endothelium, 2004. 11:1-10.