Areas of Research
Bioengineering aspects of vascular biology, thrombosis, inflammatory response, and infectious disease; cellular engineering
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, 1970
- M.A., Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, 1968
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Cornell University, 1966
- B.Ch.E., Chemical Engineering, Cornell University, 1966
- Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1994
- President, Biomedical Engineering Society, 1995-1996
- President, North American Society for Biorheology, 1994-1996
- President, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 1997-1998
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1998
- Elected to National Academy of Engineering, 2001
- Editor-in-Chief, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2002 -
- Advisory Council, Engineering Directorate, National Science Foundation, 2002-2005
Selected Research Publications
- Lee,C.Y., Lou,J., Wen,K.K., McKane,M., Eskin,S.G., Ono,S., Chien,S., Rubenstein,P.A., Zhu,C., and McIntire,L.V., “Actin Depolymerization Under Force Is Governed By K113:E195-Mediated Catch-slip Bonds” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110(13), 5022-5027 (2013).
- Lee,S., Eskin,S.G.,Shah,A.K., and McIntire,L.V., “Effect of Zinc and Nitric Oxide on Moncyte Adhesion to Endothelial Cells under Shear Stress” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 40(3), 697-706 (2012).
- Coburn, L.A., Damaraju, V.S., Dozic, S., Eskin, S.G., Cruz, M.A., and McIntire, L.V., “GPlb?-vWF Rolling Under Shear Stress Shows Differences Between Type 2B and 2M von Willebrand Disease” Biophysical Journal, 100, 304-12 (2011).
- Conway, D.E., Williams, M.R., Eskin, S.G., and McIntire, L.V., “Endothelial Cell Responses to Atheroprone Flow Are Driven By Two Separate Flow Components: Low Time-Average Shear Stress and Fluid flow Reversal” American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 298, 367-74 (2010).
- Hurley,N.E., Schildmeyer, L.A., Bosworth,K., Sakurai,Y., Eskin,S.G., Hurley,L.H., and McIntire,L.V., “Modulating the Functional Contributions of c-Myc to the Human Endothelial Cell Cyclic Strain Response” Journal of Vascular Research, 47, 80-90 (2010).
- Williams,M.R., Sakurai,Y., Zughaier,S.M., Eskin,S.G., and McIntire,L.V., “Transmigration Across Activated Endothelium Induces Transcriptional Changes, Inhibits Apoptosis, and Decreases Antimicrobial Protein Expression in Human Monocytes” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, 86, 1331-1343 (2009).
- Conway,D.E., Sakurai,Y., Weiss,D., Taylor,W.R., Jo,H., Eskin,S.G., Marcus, C.B., and McIntire,L.V., “Expression of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 in Human Endothelial Cells: Regulation by Fluid Shear Stress” Cardiovascular Research, 81, 669-77 (2009).