Areas of Research
Bioengineering aspects of vascular biology, thrombosis, inflammatory response, and infectious disease; cellular engineering
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, 1970
- M.A., Chemical Engineering, Princeton University, 1968
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Cornell University, 1966
- B.Ch.E., Chemical Engineering, Cornell University, 1966
- Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1994
- President, Biomedical Engineering Society, 1995-1996
- President, North American Society for Biorheology, 1994-1996
- President, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 1997-1998
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1998
- Elected to National Academy of Engineering, 2001
- Editor-in-Chief, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2002 -
- Advisory Council, Engineering Directorate, National Science Foundation, 2002-2005
Selected Research Publications
- Williams MR, Kataoka N, Sakurai Y, Powers CM, Eskin SG, McIntire LV. “Gene Expression of Endothelial Cells due to Interkeukin-1 Beta Stimulation and Neutrophil Transmigration,” Endothelium, 15: 73-74, 2008.
- Yee A, Bosworth KA, Conway DE, Eskin SG, McIntire LV. “Gene Expression of Endothelial Cells under Pulsatile Non-Reversing vs. Steady Shear Stress; Comparison of Nictric Oxide Production,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 36: 571-579, 2008.
- Yago T, Lou J, Wu T, Yang J, Miner JJ, Coburn L, López JA, Cruz MA, Dong J-F, McIntire LV, McEver RM, Zhu C. “Platelet glycoprotein Iba forms catch bonds with human WT vWF but not with type 2B von Willebrand Disease vWF,” J. Clin. Invest., 118: 3195-3207, 2008.
- Sung H-J, Yee A, Eskin SG, McIntire LV. “Cyclic strain and motion control produce opposite oxidative responses in two human endothelial cell types,” Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol., 293: 87-94, 2007.
- Sung H, Eskin SG, Sakurai Y, Yee A, Kataoka N, McIntire LV. “Oxidative Stress Produced with Cell Migration Increases Synthetic Phenotype of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 33, 1546-1554, 2005.
- Brey EM, Uriel S, Greisler HP, McIntire LV. “Therapeutic Neovascularization: Contributions from Bioengineering,” Tissue Engineering, 11, 567 – 584, 2005.