Areas of Research
- Microfabricated devices for drug delivery
- Ultrasound-mediated drug delivery
- Electroporation-mediated drug delivery
- Drug delivery to the eye
- Transfection of plant cells
- Magainin-mediated drug delivery
- For more information visit the Laboratory for Drug Delivery at Georgia Tech
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1994
- B.S. (with distinction), Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1988
Selected Research Publications
- Canatella, P.J. and Prausnitz, M.R. "Prediction and optimization of gene transfection and drug delivery by electroporation". Gene Ther., 8:1464-1469, 2001.
- Guzman, H.R., Nguyen, D.X., Kahn, S. and Prausnitz, M.R. "Ultrasound-mediated disruption of cell membranes I: Quantification of molecular uptake and cell viability". J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 110: 588-596, 2001.
- Henry, S., McAllister, D.V., Allen, M.G. and Prausnitz, M.R. "Microfabricated microneedles: A novel approach to transdermal drug delivery". J. Pharm. Sci. 87: 922-925, 1998.