Areas of Research
Biomolecular Engineering, Bionanotechnology, Molecular Imaging, Molecular Biomechanics
- Ph.D., Lehigh University, 1987
- M.S., Shandong University, 1981
- B.S., Shandong University, 1976
- 2005, Outstanding Achievement in Research Program Development Award, Georgia Tech
- 2005, Sigma Xi Best Paper Award, Georgia Tech Sigma Xi Chapter
- 2005, Plenary Lecturer, 12th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Singapore
- 2000, Cutting Edge Research Award, Georgia Institute of Technology
Selected Research Publications
- Santangelo PJ, Nitin N, LaConte L, Woolums A, Bao G. Live cell characterization and analysis of a clinical isolate of bovine respiratory syncytial virus using molecular beacons. J. Viology 80, 682-8, 2006.
- Nitin N, Santangelo PJ, Kim G, Nie S, Bao G. Peptide-linked molecular beacons for efficient delivery and rapid mRNA detection in living cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 32, e58, 2004.
- Santangelo PJ, Nix B, Tsourkas A, Bao G. Dual FRET molecular beacons for mRNA detection in living cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 32, e57, 2004.
- Bao G, Suresh S. Cell and molecular mechanics of biological materials. Nature Materials 2, 715-725, 2003.
- Bao G. Mechanics of Biomolecules. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 50, 2237-2274, 2002.
- LeDuc PR, Haber C, Bao G, Wirtz D. Dynamics of individual flexible polymers in a shear flow. Nature 399, 564-566, 1999.