Areas of Research
- Cardiovascular fluid dynamics
- Hemodynamics in coronary and carotid arteries
- Atherosclerotic plaque progression and rupture
- Hemodynamics in animal models
- Liver hemodynamics
- Microfluidic devices
- Effects of magnetic fields on nanoparticle dynamics
- Ph.D., Aerothermodynamics, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1967
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1965
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1963
- Member, National Academy of Engineering
- Fellow, Biomedical Engineering Society
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, American Society for Engineering Education
- Georgia Bio Industry Growth Award, 2007
Selected Research Publications
- Habib Samady, Parham Eshtehardi, Michael C McDaniel, Jin Suo, Saurabh S Dhawan, Charles Maynard, Lucas H Timmins, Arshed A Quyyumi, Don P Giddens. Coronary Artery Wall Shear Stress Is Associated With Progression and Transformation of Atherosclerotic Plaque and Arterial Remodeling in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease. Circulation 124, 779-788, 2011.
- Michael C McDaniel, Erin M Galbraith, Ahmad M Jeroudi, Omar R Kashlan, Parham Eshtehardi, Jin Suo, Saurabh Dhawan, Michele Voeltz, Chandan Devireddy, John Oshinski, David G Harrison, Don P Giddens, Habib Samady. Localization of culprit lesions in coronary arteries of patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctions: Relation to bifurcations and curvatures. American Heart Journal 161, 508-515, 2011.
- Douglas Nam, Chih-Wen Ni, Amir Rezvan, Jin Suo, Klaudia Budzyn, Alexander Llanos, David G Harrison, Don P Giddens, Hanjoong Jo. Partial carotid ligation is a model of acutely induced disturbed flow, leading to rapid endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis. American Journal of physiology – Heart and Circulatory Physiology 2009, 297, H1535-H
- Jin Suo, John N Oshinski, DP Giddens. Blood flow patterns in the proximal human coronary arteries: relationship to atherosclerotic plaque occurrence. Molecular and Cellular Biomechanics 5, 9-15, 2008.
- Jin Suo, Dardo E Ferrara, Dan Sorescu, Robert E Guldberg, W Robert Taylor, Don P Giddens. Hemodynamic Shear Stresses in Mouse Aortas - Implications for Atherogenesis. Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 27, 346-351, 2007.