Areas of Research
Nanomedicine, Regenerative Medicine, Controlled Release, Molecular Imaging
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 1996
- M.S., University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- B.S., University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 1982
- 2011, Fellow of American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE)
- 2009, Top 10 Chemists in the world for the period of 1999-2009
- 2009, Fellow of Materials Research Society (MRS)
- 2006, NIH Director's Pioneer Award from the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- 2005, Leo Hendrik Baekeland Award from the American Chemical Society (ACS)
- 2000, Fellow in Science and Engineering of the David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- 2000, Research Fellow of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- 1999, Faculty Early Career Development Award from the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- 1999, Victor K. LaMer Award from the American Chemical Society (ACS)
- 1997, New Faculty Award from the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
Selected Research Publications
- Liu W, Thomopoulos S, Xia Y. Electrospun nanofibers for regenerative medicine. Advanced Healthcare Materials 1, 10-25, 2012.
- Cho EC, Zhang Q, Xia Y. The effect of sedimentation and diffusion on cellular uptake of gold nanoparticles. Nature Nanotechnology 6, 385-391, 2011.
- Zhang Y, Cai X, Wang Y, Zhang C, Li L, Choi SW, Wang LV, Xia Y. Non-invasive photoacoustic microscopy of living cells in two and three dimensions through enhancement by a metabolite dye. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 50, 7359-7363, 2011.
- Xia Y, Li W, Cobley CM, Chen J, Xia X, Zhang Q, Yang M, Cho EC, Brown PK. Gold nanocages: From synthesis to theranostic applications. Accounts of Chemical Research 44, 914-924, 2011.
- Moon GD, Choi SW, Cai X, Li W, Cho EC, Jeong U, Wang LV, Xia Y. A new theranostic system based on gold nanocages and phase-change materials with unique features for photoacoustic imaging and controlled release. Journal of the American Chemical Society 133, 4762-4765, 2011.