Areas of Research
Neural Coding, Neural Signal Processing, Sensory Processing,
Vision and Touch, Neural Prosthetics, Estimation and Control
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of California, Berkeley, 1997
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of California, Berkeley, 1995
- B.M.E., Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Tech, 1992
- 2003-2006, Whitehall Foundation Investigator
- 2001-2004, Whitaker Foundation Investigator
- 1999, National Institutes of Health Postdoctoral Fellow
- 1998-1999, National Eye Institute Postdoctoral Fellow
- 1995-1997, American Heart Association Predoctoral Fellow
- 1992, Society of American Military Engineers Scholar
- 1991, Georgia Power Engineering Association Scholar
Selected Research Publications
- M. C. Ding, E. H. Lo, and G. B. Stanley. Sustained cortical compression reduces electrically-induced seizure threshold, Neuroscience, 154: 551-555, 2008.
- D. A. Butts, C. Weng, J. Z. Jin, C. I. Yeh, N. A. Lesica, J. M. Alonso, and G. B. Stanley. Temporal precision in the neural code and the time scales of natural vision, Nature, 449:92-95, 2007.
- N. A. Lesica, J. Z. Jin, C. Weng, C. I. Yeh, D. A. Butts, G. B. Stanley, and J. M. Alonso. Adaptation to stimulus contrast and correlations during natural visual stimulation, Neuron, 55:479-491, 2007.
- A. S. Boloori and G. B. Stanley. The dynamics of spatiotemporal response integration in vibrissa representation in the primary somatosensory cortex, J. Neurosci., 26:3767-3782, 2006.
- R. M. Webber and G. B. Stanley. Transient and steady-state dynamics of cortical adaptation, J. Neurophys., 95:2923-2932, 2006.
- N. A. Lesica, C. Weng, J. Jin, C. Yeh, J. M. Alonso, and G. B. Stanley. Dynamic encoding of natural luminance patterns by LGN bursts, PLOS Biology, 4(7), e209, 2006.