- Food Reimbursement Policy: http://www.procurement.gatech.edu/payables/food-policy
- Alcohol “on” and ‘off campus protocol: https://specialevents.gatech.edu/resources/catering/drinks
- Forms: https://bme.gatech.edu/bme/financial-bme-gt-forms
Unallowable Reimbursements Requests: The below purposes are considered personals in nature and should NOT be accepted and submitted for reimbursement.
Non- GT Business Purpose:
- Birthday Celebrations
- Bridal Showers/Wedding Dinners
- Baby Showers
- Baby Sitting for Meeting or Conference
Employee Business/Training Meetings and Group Meals: submit via Work Day
GT Business Purpose:
- Meetings to Discuss Research or Academics
- Student Educational/Volunteer Events or MeetingsPaste
- Faculty/Staff Engagement Meetings
- Guest Speakers
- GT Sponsored Conferences (alcohol allowed via workday when funding source is custodial (AKA-agency funds) or department sales funds.
- Group Meals while on Business Travel (without alcohol)
- Use allowable funds source, claim as other expense.
- Group members should not claim per diem for the same meal period.
Requirements: Original, itemized receipts are required in addition to (business purpose, invitation, agenda, list of attendees if under 15 and Food Group Meal Event Documentation Form).
Alcohol served with these type of meals are NOT allowable for reimbursement via WORKDAY, unless (Custodial Funds (formerly known as) Agency Funds or Department Sales Funds are used. Meals w/alcohol must be routed for policy certification via the department chair with final approval by the EVP of Finance when applicable. These reimbursement must be routed directly to GTF or GTRC when those funds are used.
Alcohol only reimbursement/payments are not allowable, proof of meal/catering must be included with reimbursement request.
Business Entertainment Meals: Submit per funding Source: GTF: (Route to GTF), GTRC: (Route to GTRC), Custodial Funds or Department Sales Funds (routed through Workday)
- GTF/GTRC Per Diems Limits: $75 per person for employee; $90 for visitor meeting.
- Sales Tax included on Catering Invoices.
Requirements: Original itemized receipts are required in addition to (business purpose, invitation, agenda, list of attendees.
- Alcohol (with proof of meal served)
- Impromptu local restaurants meal with no planned business agenda
- Fund-raising or alumni events
- Individual professional achievement/ Department milestone receptions
- Holiday and End-of-Year receptions
- Retirement events
- Faculty recruitment “entertainment”
- Donor Cultivation