Meet Georgia Tech Inventors and Founders creating the next biotechnologies, diagnostics, therapeutics, and medical devices. Bio TECHXpo is a virtual event designed for Georgia Tech Alumni to learn about, and get involved in, early-stage biotech commercialization ventures being developed by Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience researchers. Attendees will learn about new commercialization efforts at Georgia Tech, hear from successful entrepreneurs, and meet project teams via the Georgia Tech startup, Gatherly, a virtual meeting platform. Alumni interested in mentoring or supporting a team can express their interest in a post-event survey. Please note that this event requires a laptop or desktop computer and Google Chrome web browser.
The event will begin with opening remarks from: Dene Sheheane - President, Georgia Tech Alumni Association; Sivakumar Ragupathy, Ph.D., Interim Chief Commercialization Officer, Georgia Tech; Andrés García, Ph.D. - Executive Director, Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience, Georgia Tech.
- Keynote Presentation - "A 25-year Perspective on Starting Companies at Georgia Tech" - Mark Prausnitz, Ph.D., Georgia Tech
- Keynote Presentation - "Starting a Gene Therapy Company at Georgia Tech" - James Dahlman, Ph.D., Georgia Tech / Emory University
- Break Out Poster Sessions
Break Out POSTER PRESENTERS
Bio researchers present early-stage biotech commercialization ventures.
- Saad Bhamla, Ph.D. / Gaurav Byagathvalli, Undergraduate
- Lakshmi "Prasad" Dasi, Ph.D.
- Andrei Fedorov, Ph.D. / Mason Chilmonczyk, Ph.D.
- Frank Hammond, Ph.D. / Maxwell Weinmann, M.D.
- Omer Inan, Ph.D. / Samer Mabrouk, Ph.D.
- John McDonald, Ph.D. / Nick Housley, Ph.D.
- Machelle Pardue, Ph.D.
- Francisco "Paco" Robles, Ph.D.
- Shuichi Takayama, Ph.D. / Cameron Yamanishi, Ph.D.
- Ben Wang, Ph.D. and Chelsea "Chip" White, Ph.D. / Brian Yi Liu, Ph.D. Candidate
- Woon-Hong Yeo, Ph.D.